Today I will be doing Top Ten Tuesday for the books I really wanna read but don’t own yet.
We Are Okay By Nina LaCour. Synopsis- You go through life thinking there’s so much you need…
Until you leave with only your phone, your wallet, and a picture of your mother.
Marin hasn’t spoken to anyone from her old life since the day she left everything behind. No one knows the truth about those final weeks. Not even her best friend, Mabel. But even thousands of miles away from the California coast, at college in New York, Marin still feels the pull of the life and tragedy she’s tried to outrun. Now, months later, alone in an emptied dorm for winter break, Marin waits. Mabel is coming to visit, and Marin will be forced to face everything that’s been left unsaid and finally confront the loneliness that has made a home in her heart.
- We Are Okay Is my #1 book on my top ten list because I hear it is very unique and beautiful. I heard that this novel is also about grief and the enduring power of friendship. We are okay seems like a great book to start getting into because I wanna start reading poetic novels.
Buy We Are Okay Here!
Lolita By Vladimir Nabokov. Synopsis- Humbert Humbert – scholar, aesthete and romantic – has fallen completely and utterly in love with Lolita Haze, his landlady’s gum-snapping, silky skinned twelve-year-old daughter. Reluctantly agreeing to marry Mrs Haze just to be close to Lolita, Humbert suffers greatly in the pursuit of romance; but when Lo herself starts looking for attention elsewhere, he will carry her off on a desperate cross-country misadventure, all in the name of Love. Hilarious, flamboyant, heart-breaking and full of ingenious word play, Lolita is an immaculate, unforgettable masterpiece of obsession, delusion and lust.
- Lolita Is #2 on my Top Ten list because I think it’s a unique story and I know a lot of people have mix reviews about the book but I saw the movie and I have decided to read the book because I think it’s different and I really enjoyed the movie.
Buy Lolita Here!
Hunted By Meagan Spooner. Synopsis- Beauty knows the Beast’s forest in her bones—and in her blood. Though she grew up with the city’s highest aristocrats, far from her father’s old lodge, she knows that the forest holds secrets and that her father is the only hunter who’s ever come close to discovering them.
So when her father loses his fortune and moves Yeva and her sisters back to the outskirts of town, Yeva is secretly relieved. Out in the wilderness, there’s no pressure to make idle chatter with vapid baronessas…or to submit to marrying a wealthy gentleman. But Yeva’s father’s misfortune may have cost him his mind, and when he goes missing in the woods, Yeva sets her sights on one prey: the creature he’d been obsessively tracking just before his disappearance.
Deaf to her sisters’ protests, Yeva hunts this strange Beast back into his own territory—a cursed valley, a ruined castle, and a world of creatures that Yeva’s only heard about in fairy tales. A world that can bring her ruin or salvation. Who will survive: the Beauty, or the Beast?
- Hunted Is #3 on my Top Ten list because I’ve never read a beauty and the beast retelling so I was very intrigued by the story and I hope to get into Hunted very soon because it seems like a good read and I know people have mixed reviews about the book so hopefully I like it because I’m really starting to get into fantasy.
Buy Hunted Here!
You By Caroline Kepnes. Synopsis- When a beautiful, aspiring writer strides into the East Village bookstore where Joe Goldberg works, he does what anyone would do: he Googles the name on her credit card.
There is only one Guinevere Beck in New York City. She has a public Facebook account and Tweets incessantly, telling Joe everything he needs to know: she is simply Beck to her friends, she went to Brown University, she lives on Bank Street, and she’ll be at a bar in Brooklyn tonight—the perfect place for a “chance” meeting.
As Joe invisibly and obsessively takes control of Beck’s life, he orchestrates a series of events to ensure Beck finds herself in his waiting arms. Moving from stalker to boyfriend, Joe transforms himself into Beck’s perfect man, all while quietly removing the obstacles that stand in their way—even if it means murder.
- You Is #4 on my Top Ten list because You sounds absolutely amazing! I really like the cover too. You is a thriller with mystery in it also and I’ve never been able to get into books like that but this book sounds like something I would be very interested in and I hope I love the book because it just seems so fantastic and it seems like it’s very well written.
Buy You Here!
Throne Of Glass By Sarah J. Maas. Synopsis- After serving out a year of hard labor in the salt mines of Endovier for her crimes, 18-year-old assassin Celaena Sardothien is dragged before the Crown Prince. Prince Dorian offers her her freedom on one condition: she must act as his champion in a competition to find a new royal assassin.
Her opponents are men-thieves and assassins and warriors from across the empire, each sponsored by a member of the king’s council. If she beats her opponents in a series of eliminations, she’ll serve the kingdom for four years and then be granted her freedom. Celaena finds her training sessions with the captain of the guard, Westfall, challenging and exhilarating. But she’s bored stiff by court life. Things get a little more interesting when the prince starts to show interest in her … but it’s the gruff Captain Westfall who seems to understand her best.
Then one of the other contestants turns up dead … quickly followed by another. Can Celaena figure out who the killer is before she becomes a victim? As the young assassin investigates, her search leads her to discover a greater destiny than she could possibly have imagined.
- Throne Of Glass Is #5 on my Top Ten list because It’s Fantasy! Magic! and Romance! All the genres that I love so how could I not be possibly interested in this book. I’ve never read anything by Sarah and most of you are gonna be like how haven’t you read anything by Sarah J. Maas. The truth is I just haven’t yet and I’ve been putting her books on hold when I really shouldn’t because I’ve heard amazing things about her from book tubers. I don’t know anything really about Throne Of Glass and I think that it’s good to go into a book you know nothing about. I hope to purchase this book soon!
Buy Throne Of Glass Here!
Shatter Me By Taherah Mari. Synopsis-
I have a curse
I have a gift
I am a monster
I’m more than human
My touch is lethal
My touch is power
I am their weapon
I will fight back
Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.
The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.
The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war – and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.
Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.
- Shatter me Is #6 on my Top Ten list because I’ve always wanted to get into the shatter me series and it just seems like a good read. It’s paranormal and I’ve never read anything like that. Shatter me has been on my wishlist for a long time so I really wanna get into reading the entire series soon.
Buy Shatter Me Here!
Six Of Crows By Leigh Bardugo. Synopsis- Criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker has been offered wealth beyond his wildest dreams. But to claim it, he’ll have to pull off a seemingly impossible heist:
Break into the notorious Ice Court
(a military stronghold that has never been breached)
Retrieve a hostage
(who could unleash magical havoc on the world)
Survive long enough to collect his reward
(and spend it)
Kaz needs a crew desperate enough to take on this suicide mission and dangerous enough to get the job done – and he knows exactly who: six of the deadliest outcasts the city has to offer. Together, they just might be unstoppable – if they don’t kill each other first.
- Six Of Crows Is #7 on my Top Ten list because you guys already know I’m going into more fantasy so how could I possibly leave out one of the best fantasies that is out right now well it’s an older book but it’s still a pretty popular book. I wanna get into the duology for 2 reasons. The books look so gorgeous I could just die but I’m not (Laughing Out Loud) Also I like the synopsis so I’m excited to get into reading this book.
Buy Six Of Crows Here!
Clockwork Angel By Cassandra Clare. Synopsis- In a time when Shadowhunters are barely winning the fight against the forces of darkness, one battle will change the course of history forever. Welcome to the Infernal Devices trilogy, a stunning and dangerous prequel to the New York Times bestselling Mortal Instruments series.
The year is 1878. Tessa Gray descends into London’s dark supernatural underworld in search of her missing brother. She soon discovers that her only allies are the demon-slaying Shadowhunters—including Will and Jem, the mysterious boys she is attracted to. Soon they find themselves up against the Pandemonium Club, a secret organization of vampires, demons, warlocks, and humans. Equipped with a magical army of unstoppable clockwork creatures, the Club is out to rule the British Empire, and only Tessa and her allies can stop them…
- Clockwork Angel Is #8 on my Top Ten list because I love how the story is set in 1878 and it’s a fantasy/paranormal type book. I’ve seen this book all over booktube and bookstagram so I decided why not give this book a try and if I like it I will read the other books that go along with it.
Buy Clockwork Angel Here!
Falling Kingdoms By Morgan Rhodes. Synopsis- In the three kingdoms of Mytica, magic has long been forgotten. And while hard-won peace has reigned for centuries, a deadly unrest now simmers below the surface.
As the rulers of each kingdom grapple for power, the lives of their subjects are brutally transformed… and four key players, royals and rebels alike, find their fates forever intertwined. Cleo, Jonas, Lucia, and Magnus are caught in a dizzying world of treacherous betrayals, shocking murders, secret alliances, and even unforeseen love.
The only outcome that’s certain is that kingdoms will fall. Who will emerge triumphant when all they know has collapsed?
It’s the eve of war…. Choose your side.
Princess: Raised in pampered luxury, Cleo must now embark on a rough and treacherous journey into enemy territory in search of magic long thought extinct.
Rebel: Jonas, enraged at injustice, lashes out against the forces of oppression that have kept his country cruelly impoverished. To his shock, he finds himself the leader of a people’s revolution centuries in the making.
Sorceress: Lucia, adopted at birth into the royal family, discovers the truth about her past—and the supernatural legacy she is destined to wield.
Heir: Bred for aggression and trained to conquer, firstborn son Magnus begins to realize that the heart can be more lethal than the sword….
- Falling Kingdoms Is #9 on my Top Ten list because one of my favorite booktubers (Abookutopia) did a video on Fantasy recommendations and I saw this book in the video and It seemed like a good book from what Sasha was telling me and I also love books with kingdoms so I’m very excited to get into this book and purchasing it really soon.
Buy Falling Kingdoms Here!
We are the ants By Shaun David Hutchinson. Synopsis-There are a few things Henry Denton knows, and a few things he doesn’t.
Henry knows that his mom is struggling to keep the family together, and coping by chain-smoking cigarettes. He knows that his older brother is a college dropout with a pregnant girlfriend. He knows that he is slowly losing his grandmother to Alzheimer’s. And he knows that his boyfriend committed suicide last year.
What Henry doesn’t know is why the aliens chose to abduct him when he was thirteen, and he doesn’t know why they continue to steal him from his bed and take him aboard their ship. He doesn’t know why the world is going to end or why the aliens have offered him the opportunity to avert the impending disaster by pressing a big red button.
But they have. And they’ve only given him 144 days to make up his mind.
The question is whether Henry thinks the world is worth saving. That is, until he meets Diego Vega, an artist with a secret past who forces Henry to question his beliefs, his place in the universe, and whether any of it really matters. But before Henry can save the world, he’s got to figure out how to save himself, and the aliens haven’t given him a button for that.
- We Are The Ants Is #10 on my Top Ten List because It’s Science fiction and I wanna start exploring different genres. I actually saw this book on booktube last night and It seemed pretty interesting and I thought since I’m trying to get into more genres that I would read this book as soon as I get it in my hands.
Buy We Are The Ants Here!
I hope you guys enjoyed my Top Ten Tuesday which is something I’ll be doing on my blog every week for you guys! Comment down below the books you wanna read but don’t own yet I’m very interested in what kind of books you guys like. 💖